This Basecamp review will discuss the project management software and what it has to offer for business owners.
The software provides a variety of features, such as project management, task management, team collaboration, message boards, and more.
It also offers team members features that allow you to work with other people on your projects.
For those looking for an all-in-one solution for their business needs, this Basecamp review may be just what they need!
What is Basecamp?
Basecamp is a web-based project management application that can be used by teams of people for their collaborative projects.
This project management software provides all the functions you need to keep your business running smoothly including messaging, task management features, to-do lists, time tracking, file sharing, calendar, and scheduling.
How Basecamp Works
The Basecamp application is available as a web-based, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android phone, and tablet.
The software can be downloaded as mobile apps to your devices or accessed through their website.
You can create projects within the Basecamp app that are then used by all members of the team including clients if you’re taking on projects for others.
There are several features that you’ll notice right away when starting to use Basecamp.
Among all the features, one of which is the inspirational quote on your home page to get things off on the right foot.
The other is the easy navigation of tasks lists with milestones, due dates, and time tracking so you know what needs to be done immediately and what can wait for later.
You can also set up instant alerts so you know when things change and communication is needed.
Some calendars allow you to schedule different tasks for everyone on your team, so nothing falls through the cracks.
Like an actual communication platform, you can also have a message board where only project members can communicate with each other, so people don’t spam inboxes or get distracted by non-work-related messages.
You can upload documents, images, videos, and other files to be used within Basecamp.
You also can comment on them so you know what’s going on.
There are times when comments may not be appropriate so you can choose to use instant messaging for private communication instead.
Try Basecamp 3 now with the free plan.
What is Basecamp used for?
Basecamp can be used in a variety of ways to help your business run with ease. For many freelancers and business owners, Basecamp 3 is the best project management software right now.
It’s helpful for project managers who may have to organize large and complex projects with multiple members since it offers unlimited users in the business plan.
Businesses that offer services or sell products online can use Basecamp to manage their customer accounts, to-do lists, and message clients privately.
Companies needing assistance from others, such as graphic designers, web designers, or writers can use Basecamp to keep track of what they’re doing and when it’s expected.
This is the best project management tool for business owners who have to work on several projects at once.
Instead of using several different project management tools to help organize each one, everything can be done in one place with Basecamp.
Anyone that uses more than one project management apps for their business needs may find that they’ll do just fine with Basecamp.
Business owners can use all the functions on their own or in conjunction with other programs to manage everything on their own through one system, with a beautiful user interface and Kanban board.
For example, Basecamp 3 can be useful for:
- building a Basecamp business plan
- develop agile methodology
- a communication tool to interact with team members
- manage the team members of your biz
- manage a software development
It offers both private messaging and message boards for communication, so you can choose which works best for your business’s needs.
The ease of use makes it ideal for someone who may not have much knowledge about project management because it is so intuitive.
It could also be helpful if you work with multiple contractors or other people on larger projects and want everything in one place to keep communication clear.
Basecamp Key Features
- All-in-one Project Management Application.
- Easy to use and user-friendly.
- Easily assign tasks to the entire team.
- Time tracking, Basecamp calendar, and schedules are available.
- Instant alerts when communication is needed.
- Commenting system so you know what everyone is up to.
- Collaborative, chat-style communication with project members only.
- Calendars that can be used for scheduling tasks and projects.
- File uploads to use within Basecamp.
- Popular integration services such as Google Calendar are available.
One of the biggest perks is the overall user interface.
It’s very easy to use, and anyone with experience working on a computer should be able to figure it out fairly quickly.
The interface provides an organized space for all their needs that are not too cluttered at all!
Another bonus is how it doesn’t take up much space on your computer, which is great if you’re working on a laptop with limited storage.
It can also be used for free, where you can create your own space, but it comes with a few basic features. So, some features are limited when there is no upgrade.
Anyway, the Basecamp 3 business plan is not that expensive since it comes with unlimited users, unlimited projects and you can create as many projects as you need.
The company behind Basecamp has an amazing developer team and offers great customer service if needed.
They have both phone and chat options that are available to customers 24/7.
The company website has a knowledge base that can be used to search for solutions online if needed.
There are a few things that could be improved in Basecamp 3.
One thing is that it can be difficult to keep track of what everyone is doing if they are not all using Basecamp.
Since it’s chat-style communication, if people are not in the same chat room or not online at the same time, they may miss important updates or messages.
Another downside is that you can’t print out reports or use them offline.
This can be an issue if you’re working on a project offline and then need to reference something from the project later.
The company is always updating and improving its software, so some of these issues may be fixed in the future.
Among the other communication tools, another con is that if a message board is used by a lot of people, it runs slower than usual (for eg, with a slower internet connection).
It would be nice if the servers were upgraded to accommodate this, which should allow faster load times.
Basecamp 3 is a project management solution that offers 2 Basecamp pricing plans for businesses of all sizes.
In our Basecamp review, you can choose the plan that’s best for you based on the number of people involved in your project, the amount of storage you’ll need, and whether or not you want instant messaging.
Basecamp Business Plan Flat Pricing
For businesses who need project management with 5 or more people on your team, you can choose this plan that gives you a lot of fantastic features:
- Unlimited projects
- Unlimited users
- 500GB storage space
- Company HQ
- Team projects
- Unlimited clients
- Advanced client access
- Project templates
- Priority support
This monthly price starts at $99/month.
Basecamp Personal Plan Pricing
For individuals such as freelancers, designers, and students looking to organize their projects, manage all the tasks assigned, and to-do lists, there is the Basecamp Personal Plan.
The personal plan is limited but free, and comes with:
- 3 projects
- 20 users
- 1GB storage space
Try Basecamp 3 for free here.
Comparing The Best Project Management Software
There are a lot of project management software options on the market to add on this Basecamp Review post, but which of the project management apps out there is the best to manage projects for your business?
We compare Basecamp project management app with Asana, Trello, and Microsoft Project. These are some of the other project management tools out there.
Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
- Basecamp is an all-in-one project management tool that allows you to manage projects with ease. As mentioned above, this project management solution includes file storage, task management, calendars, and scheduling as well as team collaboration, and chat-style communication with project members only. It is perfect for businesses with a remote team and multiple projects.
- Asana is another all-in-one project management tool that is perfect for businesses with a particular project that involves up to 50 people. Some of Asana’s existing features are the message board, to-do lists, personal projects, team members, time traking, and more. Asana starts with a free basic plan for individual users.
- Trello is perfect for small businesses or individual projects that do not involve many people. Among this list of communication tools, this application is mainly images rather than documents to make it easy to understand at a glance what everyone is up to. With a fantastic Kanban board, Trello also offers a free plan for the team.
- Microsoft Project is a task management software that every business should have. It is perfect for businesses with a project that involves up to 100 people. In addition, file storage and calendars include Gantt charts and reports. Microsoft Project has many different versions for every size of business. Microsoft Project starts with an affordable paid plan of $9/month.
These are some of the most popular project management software options on the market, but if none of these work for you, there are many other choices available that can be customized to fit your specific needs.
Take a closer look at each of these project management tools to see which one best suits your company’s needs!
How do I sign up?
Creating an account with Basecamp 3 is quite simple.
After clicking on the “Sign up now” button, you’ll be taken to a page where you can choose your subscription plan with options for a 30-day trial.
When choosing the free plan, you’ll have a few more restrictions on what you can do, but the basic services are still available.
After creating your account, you’ll need to choose a password and validate your email address before proceeding.
Within minutes of signing up, you’ll be able to log into Basecamp through their website or an app for any of your devices.
Once you’ve logged in, your home page will display any projects you have created, or if you choose to create a project after signing in.
You can also choose which devices are used for Basecamp so it’s available when needed.
Questions and Answers about Basecamp
What is base camp good for?
Basecamp is good for team projects that have a lot of communication and organization.
• Companies whose projects involve large teams
• Companies that need file storage and calendars
• Companies that need team management
• A project manager who needs to manage tasks
• Companies that like chat-style communication.
Should I use Basecamp?
It depends. There are a few key factors to consider when deciding if Basecamp is right for your company:
• Do you need file storage and calendars
• Do you need team management
• Do you like chat-style communication
• How many people will your project involve?
What are the benefits of basecamp?
There are many benefits to using Basecamp, including:
• Everything you need is in one place
• You can communicate with your team members in the same place
• All of it is organized and user friendly
• Easy to learn and use.
Can I try base camp for free?
Yes! You can try Basecamp for free. There is a free version in the Basecamp personal plan that you can use to see if the application works for your business, and there are also no contracts required.
Is basecamp a good project management tool?
It depends. Basecamp is perfect for companies whose projects involve up to 100 people who need file storage and calendars, team management, and chat-style communication.
Who can use Basecamp?
Anyone who needs to manage a project can use Basecamp because it has many different options that will work for every size of business.
What tools does Basecamp include?
All of the tools you would need for a Basecamp team, such as communication tools, team members, team collaborations, message boards, third party integrations, as well as file storage and calendars.
How much does it cost to use Basecamp?
Basecamp 3 costs $99/month flat. Basecamp also offers a limited, but free version.
Among all the project management apps in the market, Basecamp 3 is a task management software that offers everything you need in a project management application so you can manage your team members easier and on track.
Basecamp 3 is one of the best among the other project management tools, it is a one-stop shop for all your projects needs with document sharing, milestone management, team collaboration, schedules, and more!